To enable the practice to provide a more appropriate way of handling requests for same day appointments we have a system known as “Doctor First Telephone Triage.”
The way the Triage system works is as follows:
If you contact the surgery on 0208 616 0083 between 8.00am-9.30am and 2.00pm-3.30pm and ask for an urgent appointment. The receptionist will take your details and advise you that a doctor will call you back as soon as possible.
It would also be very useful when you contact the surgery if you could give the receptionist brief details of the problem.
When you are phoned back the doctor will either:
- deal with the problem on the phone.
- write a prescription for you to collect from the surgery.
- ask you to come down to the surgery to see the doctor or the nurse the same day .
- make a routine appointment for you to see a doctor or nurse.
- arrange a home visit.
At present this system is widely practiced all over the country. Initial Survey is very promising. It increase the access of patients who definitely need face to face consultation. We believe that this system enables us to provide a better service to our patients and we ask for your support.
Please note that:
- It would be helpful if you avoided phoning for routine appointments on a Monday when the surgery is particularly busy after the weekend.
- It would be appreciated if routine enquiries were made after midday as the mornings are the busiest period for reception - this will enable patients who require a same day appointment or urgent visit to access the surgery quicker.
Please use the system sensibly-
Only ask for appointments for simple viral infections if symptoms are severe or persistent.
Our receptionists are fully trained and try to do a difficult job as smoothly as possible..
Medical advice by Telephone
Do You Have?
- Athletes Foot
- Hay Fever/ Allergic Rhinitis
- Head Lice
- Insects Bite/ Stings
- Mouth Ulcer
- Sore Throat
- Sprains / Strains
- Vaginal Thrush
Then ring the Surgery for a telephone consultation with the Doctor or Nurse.
The receptionist may take a message for your GP or Nurse to phone.